Over the last couple of weeks I’ve shared with you the three steps you need to follow if you want to change the culture in your team. Last week we looked at the importance of respecting and recognising your team’s history before you start changing things.
This week, I want to help you get clarity about what you want to change and why.
What do you want to change? And why?
- Can you clearly and succinctly explain the need for culture change – and the specific outcomes you are looking for?
- Can the team see for themselves what needs to change but maybe just don’t know where to start?
- Or are they cynical or worried about changing things? Can’t see the point? Tried before and nothing really changed?
- What are the pros and cons of change for everyone? The challenges and opportunities?
- Let people explore these questions and grapple with some of the answers.
- Tap into their aspirations.
- Then co-create the change together. This is NOT a...